Ever wonder why Betty bought some “better Butter”? Why did she not just make the “better Butter” at home herself? 😉
Sometimes it is so wonderful to go back to the original way to doing things…making fresh Butter at Home and then giving it the personal touch and making it even better. So next time you see Betty, give her your “better Butter” recipe… It’s just Butter but made even better!
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Makes: 1/2 cup butter
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 pint / 1 cup / approx. 250 ml.
For the Flavoring:
Shallots – 1 tbsp , finely chopped
Cilantro – few sprigs, finely chopped
Salt – a pinch
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
Fresh Lime – squeeze, to taste
1. Bring the Cream down to room temperature.
2. Pour the Cream in a tall container.
3. Using a beater, beat the cream till it separates.
4. The solid part is the butter and the liquid is called butter milk.
5. Chill and store the butter in the refrigerator and it is ready to use.
6. If you want to flavor the Butter, right after it separates, place in a flat dish or a plate.
7. Add in Salt and mix well.
8. Add in Shallots, Cilantro and Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
9. Lastly add in a squeeze of fresh Lime Juice, mix and chill.
10. Spread on some warm toast and enjoy 🙂
1. 1/2 pint makes 1/2 cup of butter.
2. If you do not have a beater, you can put the Cream in a jar and shake it till it separates (time consuming but great exercise).
3. Another option to making the Butter is to take a spoon or a folk and start mixing it or try churning it.
4. Use different herbs and spices to make different flavored butters 🙂