Submitted by: Kranthi Devineni
1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
1 cup yogurt
6 onions, chopped
1 inch ginger
10 cloves of garlic
2 inch cinnamon
10 cashew nuts
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
Cilantro for garnishing
Salt and chili powder to taste
1. Make a paste of the ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cashews and almonds.
2. Heat oil in a big vessel, add the chopped onions and fry until they turn golden.
3. Then add the ground masala and fry very well
4. While frying this paste, add 3-4 tbsp of water-You will notice that oil floats on top.
5. Now add yogurt and the chicken
6. Season it well with salt, turmeric, and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add coconut milk, cook till done
8. Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves and serve.