Pound cake with Bananas, gently sauteed in a warm Kahlua sauce, topped with cold Ice Cream…YUM! A slight twist to classic bananas foster, this is the perfect dessert for two. Try it for Valentines Day or a special birthday.
Pound Cake – 2 slices
Kahlua Coffee Liqueur – 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
Orange – 1/2
Banana – 1 medium, sliced
Ice Cream – 2 scoops
1. Heat a medium non-stick skillet and add Kahlua.
2. Add Brown Sugar and mix well — Saute for 1 minute.
3. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 orange into the Kahlua mixture and continue to saute for 1 more minute.
4. Add sliced Bananas and saute until Bananas are slightly softned but not mushy — turn off stove.
5. Warm Pound Cake slices in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
6. Place one slice of Pound Cake at the bottom of a dessert dish/cup.
7. Pour 1/2 of the warm Kahlua/Banana mixture over the Pound Cake.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for second dessert dish/cup.
9. Top with 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream to each dessert and serve immediately.
10. Serves 2
1. No Kahlua – no problem. Make some at home, with or without alcohol. Here is the recipe for ‘Home-Made Kahlua’
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make bananas foster, homemade romantic desserts for special occasions, easy semi-homemade dessert recipes, what can I make with Kahlua coffee liqueur.