Submitted by: Lavanya Rajan
Cashewnuts – 100 grams
sugar – 100 grams
ghee – 50 grams
milk – 1/4 cup
1. Grind the cashewnuts in a mixer grinder. Make the powder corse. A few bits of cashews does not matter since they will make the burfi crunchy.
2. In a wide flat bottomed pan put the cashew powder, milk and sugar.
3. Stir the mixture well and let the cashew powder absorb the milk and sugar.
4. Keep stirring the mixture.
5. The mixture starts thickening at this point start adding ghee slowly.
6. After adding each tablespoon ghee stir the mixture so that it absorbs the ghee.
7. At one stage the mixture thickens and starts frothing at the sides of the pan, take it off the flame.
8. Pour this mixture into a greased baking pan. Let it cool for a while.
9. Using a greased knife cut to desired shapes.
This is really mouth watering treat. Hope you will also enjoy it.
ShowMeTheCurry Notes:Thanks Lavanya, Burfis are always a welcome treat and an all time favorite.
0 thoughts on “Cashew Burfi”
Graffiti on the Wall spoke of conditions that varied drastically from one side
to the other. They attach to a raked suspension that features 14 inches of ground clearance.
As I have managed to now test drive most every model in
the Altima’s D-segment category, I still can
clearly walk away with the opinion I’d upgrade to this new model if
the opportunity arose.
I tried this and it did not set for me and not tasty too. Made it for my sons birthday and really disappointed..
do we have to peel the almonds before grinding them
This recipe is made with cashews, not almonds.
hi hetal and anuja
love all your recipes, you guys rock. I just wanted to know about this kajubarfi, 100gms kaju means how many cups is that. if u can pls tell me the conversion part of 100 gms equals to how many cups .
Just wanted to know if you had italian pastries. and do you have rum cake.
thanks. ps i love the tiramisu
We don’t have them…yet 🙂
hey anuja i love your recipies
i have tried most of the things and all of them turned out good!
Thankyou and please,please show me how to make
a sweet called baloo shaw and maysoor pak.
i will really appreciate it! 🙂 Thanks a bunch
After mixing the cashew, sugar and milk in the wide bottomed pan…do we have to put it on stove or justkeep stirring outside. It’s not mentioned that it has to be put on stove…
Yes, it has to be put on the flame and cooked.