There is something about the combination of chocolate and coffee, aka mocha. The sweetness from the chocolate beautifully rounds out the bitterness from the coffee, producing a very grown up and mature flavor profile. This super easy Mocha Mousse recipe will Wow your family and guests. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up this rich and decadent make ahead dessert in no time.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Prep Time (Inactive): 30-45 mins to soften cream cheese; 1 hour to set mousse
Prep Time (Active): 10 mins
Cream Cheese – 4 oz, softened
Sugar – 6 Tbsp, divided
Cocoa Powder – 2 Tbsp
Instant Coffee – 1 Tbsp
Hot Water – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp, divided
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 cup, very cold
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Cream Cheese, 3 Tbsp Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract & Instant Coffee dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water. Blend until light and fluffy.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine Heavy Whipping Cream, 3 Tbsp Sugar & Vanilla Extract. Whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Gradually fold in whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well incorporated.
4. Divide mixture into individual serving dishes or keep as is and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer before serving.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
How to make chocolate mousse, eggless mocha mousse recipe, easy make ahead desserts, party dessert ideas, coffee flavored dessert.
8 thoughts on “Mocha Mousse | Chocolate Coffee Dessert”
This chocolate coffee dessert looks delicious! It’s a great way to combine two amazing flavors!
Hello ladies ,
This looks so delicious …. wanted to try it soon … will this taste good without coffee powder as my daughter does not like coffee
You can switch out the coffee with chocolate and it’ll taste great.
Thanks a lot
2 tsp vanilla extract (divided? where?)
Sorry about that, we missed adding it to the written recipe – been fixed now.
Add 1 tsp to the Cream Cheese and 1 tsp to the Heavy Whipping Cream.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Awesome recipe, just one qn, for the instant coffee, can I use the Indian Nescafe coffee.