There is something about the combination of chocolate and coffee, aka mocha. The sweetness from the chocolate beautifully rounds out the bitterness from the coffee, producing a very grown up and mature flavor profile. This super easy Mocha Mousse recipe will Wow your family and guests. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up this rich and decadent make ahead dessert in no time.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Prep Time (Inactive): 30-45 mins to soften cream cheese; 1 hour to set mousse
Prep Time (Active): 10 mins
Cream Cheese – 4 oz, softened
Sugar – 6 Tbsp, divided
Cocoa Powder – 2 Tbsp
Instant Coffee – 1 Tbsp
Hot Water – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp, divided
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 cup, very cold
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Cream Cheese, 3 Tbsp Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract & Instant Coffee dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water. Blend until light and fluffy.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine Heavy Whipping Cream, 3 Tbsp Sugar & Vanilla Extract. Whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Gradually fold in whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well incorporated.
4. Divide mixture into individual serving dishes or keep as is and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer before serving.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make chocolate mousse, eggless mocha mousse recipe, easy make ahead desserts, party dessert ideas, coffee flavored dessert.