Perfect for the holidays and a one step dessert – can life really get better than this? Milk Cake is a recipe that is simple and easy and yet has the look that you’ve probably slaved over the dish for hours 😉 ! The combination of the raisins, dates and the cranberries and a great suprise element in the creamy milky flavor of the ricotta. Did we mention that it’s eggless? Thank you Payel Mukherjee for sharing this awesome and easy dessert. This one is a keeper for sure!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30-40 min
Ricotta Cheese – 15oz / 425gm
Semolina/Suji – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Golden Raisins – 1 tbsp
Dried Cranberries – 1 tbsp
Cashews – 1 tbsp, broken
1. Pre-heat Oven to 450F / 230C.
2. Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix and allow the Sugar to melt and combine.
4. Grease an oven-proof 6″X6″ pan.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Place the pan in the pre-heated Oven in the middle of the oven and in the middle of the rack.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes till the edges get a little brown color.
8. Take out of the oven and allow the Cake to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Flip the Cake out of the pan and cut into small pieces.
10. Serve warm.