Kulfi is an all time favorite Indian dessert — especially in summer! It’s a little like ice cream but Kulfi has its own unique flavor. Try this super simple recipe. You won’t believe how easy it is!
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 oz
Evaporated Milk – 12 oz
Heavy Whipping Cream – 16 oz
Cool Whip Whipped Topping – 16 oz
Saffron (Kesar) – 1 big pinch
Sugar – 1 tsp
Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds – 1/2 cup, coarsely ground
- With a mortar and pestal, grind together Sugar and Saffron.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, Heavy Whipping Cream and Cool Whip.
- Using an electric hand blender (or by hand), gently mix all ingredients together.
- Add in Saffron and Sugar mixture and Nuts. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into small dixie style plastic cups. Cover cups with foil and insert a wooden popsicle stick into the center.
- Freeze Kulfi for at least 4 – 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serves 20- 25
- Kulfi can also be molded in a popsicle maker or fancy shaped ice cube trays.
- Kulfi has a very long shelf life so keep some on hand for an instant dessert option when guests are over.
Watch and learn!