We had a very special guest today! Five year old Evaan came by to help us make his favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe. With just a few ingredients and an hour of time, you can enjoy this scrumptious hot banana bread. Evaan is allergic to nuts but feel free to add in some walnuts or other nuts for an added flavor boost.
Scroll down to see the detailed video recipe and our cute little chef in action!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes – 1 hour
Makes: One loaf
Ripe Bananas – 3 large, mashed
Eggs – 2 large
Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
Walnuts – 1/4 to 1/2 cup, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add first 4 ingredients (wet) and whisk until well combined.
3. In another bowl, mix or sift next 4 ingredients (dry).
4. Add the dry mix a little at a time into the wet mixture and keep whisking until everything is well combined. Fold in Chocolate Chips and Walnuts.
5. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or coat it with spray cooking oil.
6. Pour batter into the pan and tap the pan to even it.
7. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, depending on your oven.
8. Insert a tooth pick in the middle. If it comes out clean, the banana bread is ready.
9. Allow banana bread to cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan.
10. Slice the banana bread and enjoy!
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread recipe, cooking with Evaan, homemade, easy bread recipe, cooking with kids, recipes that are easy for children.