If you’re looking for a side dish with a major kick, you’ve got to try this Sauteed Stuffed Jalapenos recipe. Fresh jalapeno peppers are stuffed with a flavorful cream cheese mixture and lightly sauteed with onions and bell peppers. The beautiful medley of colors makes this dish a feast for the eyes!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Jalapeno Peppers – 4 large, stems removed, slit on one side and deseeded (oil hands or use rubber gloves to protect hands)
Cream Cheese – 4 oz, at room temperature (hung curd (yogurt) can also be substituted)
Salt – to taste
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 1 Tbsp packed, chopped
Onion – 1/2 medium, cut into big squares
Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 Large, cut into big squares
Bread Crumbs – 2-3 Tbsp (as needed)
Oil – 1 Tbsp
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Cream Cheese, Salt, Roasted Cumin Powder, Garam Masala and Cilantro. Mix well.
2. Stuff Cream Cheese mixture into each Jalapeno Pepper.
3. Sprinkle Bread Crumbs over the cream cheese (to prevent the cheese from oozing out when heated) and squeeze the pepper sides together to seal it. Dip the exposed stem side into the bread crumbs to form a coating on top.
4. Heat Oil in a large skillet.
5. Add Onions and cook until lightly golden and translucent.
6. Add Bell Pepper and sprinkle a little salt. Mix well.
7. Add in the stuffed Jalapenos and let them cook so that they caramelize on all sides. Be gentle when turning so that the cream cheese does not ooze out. A little will ooze out — that’s ok.
8. Serve hot.