The king of appetizers and yet the easiest of them all! Queso aka Chili Con Queso, in Spanish means Cheese or Chili with Cheese. Don’t be alarmed if you are not too fond of chilies…just skip it and it’ll be just as good! The wonderful part about this starter is that it is easy to make and does not have to be babied…people will just hover around it! It is a perfect appetizer for parties (big or small) & holidays!
Velveeta Cheese – 16 oz, cubed
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – handful, finely chopped
Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies – 10 oz can
1. Cube the Velveeta and add to the crock pot.
2. Add in the Cilantro and the Diced Tomatoes Can along with the liquid.
3. Turn the crock pot on high and allow the cheese to melt for a couple of hours, mix occasionally.
4. Once the cheese has melted, turn the crock pot down to a ‘low’ or ‘warm’.
5. Serve in the crock pot with tortilla chips.
1. When you are in a rush…use the microwave to melt the cheese. Mix every minute.
2. Don’t have a can of diced tomatoes…use Salsa!
3. Don’t have Salsa…chop tomatoes, green chilies, Cilantro and a dash of salt!
4. Made too much and have left overs? Don’t want to throw and waste? Freeze in a clean freezer safe container till the next party! Defrost at room temperature and heat and melt. Freshen it up with some freshly cut cilantro and no one will guess….shhhh!
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make homemade queso, velveeta recipes, make ahead appetizers and dips, easy appetizers to feed a crowd, one pot appetizers, crock pot dips.