Raja Special is a great Indian appetizer that is synonymous with clubs, bars and drinks. It’s amazing what some onions, lemon juice and some spices can do to dress up the already popular peanut! It is a great make-ahead appetizer for parties. Raja Special is also known as Masala Peanuts…enjoy!
Peanuts – 2 cups
Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
Green Chilies – 1-2, to taste, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 4 tsp
Red Chili Powder – to taste
- If you have roasted peanuts, put them in a wok to freshen and warm them up. If you have Raw Peanuts, roast them in a wok with a little bit of oil till they turn light golden brown.
- Once the peanuts are roasted, turn off the flame and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and adjust Salt, Spices and Lemon Juice to taste.
- Health tip – if you want to avoid using oil for roasting the peanuts – dry-roasting works just as well.
- Store bought Roasted Peanuts are a great time saver, you can buy the salted or unsalted variety.
14 thoughts on “Masala Peanuts (aka Raja Special )”
I and my friends loved this dish. Simple and easy! I am thinking of using puffed millet in your poha recipe and mixing it with masala peanuts ðŸ˜‹ Will let you know once I get around to it.
Thanks for this easy appetizer recipe! I think I would be twice my weight without your help/instructions ðŸ˜Š
Peanuts were very hard- Rest were tasty – but had to throw away as peanuts were very hard and big
I have enjoyed this dish and want to make it for some people as gifts. What us the storage / shelf life of the prepared nuts? Does it have done refrigerated?
Honestly, I don’t think this dish would taste as good if its not served fresh. You could possibly refrigerated it for no more than one or two days max.
I love the idea of this recipe. Should it be served hot, or can you make this ahead to bring to parties?
It tastes better a little warm, but you can definitely make it ahead.
Luv your recipies
Please mention the calories of the dish
hiiiiiiiiiii both u r soooo great thank u
very nice you both very good i hope to be my friends
hiii i thank u both please be my friend
Can I make it 2 hours early?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time if necessary.
actully i want to learn peanuts chutny. can u show me
This is a fabulous site gals and I’m very hungry just reading about and looking at all your yummy dishes…..I will be subscribing to your feed and attempting to try some of your delicious recipes…..