It’s hard to find too many people who don’t love potatoes. With the holidays coming up and big gatherings expected, try this simple recipe — Potato Wedges made the “ShowMeTheCurry” way…full of spices and flavor! Serve them up as appetizers for a party or just treat yourself to a batch! Ready for our prediction? These Spicy Potato Wedges will be a very important part of your lives and you’ll be looking for occasions to make them!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Potatoes – 2, medium , wedged (approx 3/4 lb or 300 gm)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, smashed
Black Pepper – 1/8 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
Red Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder/Amchur – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Chaat Masala – to taste (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Cut the Potatoes into wedges and soak in water.
3. Remove the water from the Potatoes and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
4. Salt the Potatoes and mix.
5. Cover and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes till they are half cooked.
6. Strain out all the water from the Potatoes.
7. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray Cooking Oil to avoid potatoes sticking to the foil.
8. Add Oil to the Potatoes and mix well.
9. Add in the Garlic and mix.
10. Keep adding the balance of the dry spices and keep mixing: Red Chili flakes, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Amchur. Mix gently but well.
11. Spread the wedges onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes.
12. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney and add Chaat Masala (optional).