Bhel Puri is one variety of Indian “street food” known as “Chaat”. With a nice balance of flavors, including savory, sweet and spicy, Bhel Puri is a perfect snack or appetizer idea. Try this recipe — it’s sure to please!
Pre-packaged Bhel Mix – 3 cups
Onion – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
Raw Mango – small piece, finely chopped (optional)
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Tamarind Chutney – to taste
Mint Chutney – to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together Bhel Mix, Onions, Tomatoes, Raw
Mango, Cilantro and Green Chilies.
- Add Tamarind Chutney and Mint Chutney according to your
taste. Remember that Tamarind Chutney is sweet and Mint Chutney
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- Serves 3-4
- Depending on the freshness of your pre-packaged Bhel Mix, you may
want to lightly roast the mix in a skillet to make it crispy.
- The key to adding the right amount of chutneys is that the Bhel
Puri should be lightly coated but not dripping in chutney.
- If the pre-packaged Bhel Mix is not pre-spiced, you may want to
add additional salt, red chili powder or chaat masala.
- Tamarind Chutney Recipe
- Mint Chutney Recipe