I have served this dish as a subzi as well as a salad, on a lot of occasions. It has a very fresh, colorful and light look to it, which is very appealing to the stomach and the eyes.
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Raw Peanuts – 2 tbsp (optional)
Onions – ½ med (chopped)
Ginger– 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Zucchini – 3, diced
Bell pepper – ½, preferably red or yellow (chopped)
Green chili – to taste (finely chopped)
Lime juice – 1 tbsp or juice of 1 lime
Cilantro – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Heat Oil in a wok, add Mustard Seeds and let them sputter.
- Add Peanuts and sauté for a minute.
- Add Onions, Ginger and Garlic. Mix well and cook till the onions become translucent.
- Add Zucchini and Green Chili and mix well. Let it cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced Bell Pepper and Salt – Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Add Lime juice and Cilantro – give it a final toss and serve.
- Cook on medium to high heat.
- Always cook Zucchini uncovered to keep the crunch and avoid overcooking.
- The Red or the Yellow bell pepper looks colorful, but if it is too expensive or not easily available, feel free to use Green ones.