Tomato Rice is a South Indian dish but due to it’s attractive look and the wonderful taste, it has won everyone’s heart. Enjoy this dish with yogurt, pickle and papad…..mmmm! So colorful, simple and easy to make, you’ve just got to give this a try.
- Wash and soak the rice, use the same method of making Perfect Basmati rice.
- Once the Rice is cooked and the water drained out, spread it out and allow it to cool.
- Make the Tomato Chutney as in the recipe.
- Mix well together, but gently to avoid mashing up the rice.
- Test for Salt and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Enjoy!
- Serves 4.
- If you do not like the tomato skin, you can puree the tomatoes for this dish and it tastes just as good.