Preparing rice using this method is an excellent way of enjoying the taste of rice without the added worry of starch. An added bonus…rice comes out soft and fluffy, not lumpy and hard.
Rice – 2 cups
Water – 8 cups
Salt – to taste (optional)
- Wash Rice well and soak it in water for about ½ hour.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a covered stockpot.
- Drain the water from the soaked Rice and carefully pour the rice into the boiling water.
- Once the water comes back to a boil, set your timer for 10 mins. and let the rice cook. Stir once in-between to make sure the rice is cooking evenly.
- In a colander, drain out the water from the Rice.
- Let it stand for a couple of minutes to make sure all the water drains out.
- Pour the rice gently into a platter and serve.
- Serves 5-6.
- 2 cups of uncooked rice makes about 10 cups of cooked Rice (unpacked).
- We have used Basmati but you can use your choice of rice and cook it the same way – the cooking time may vary a little.
Watch and learn: