Egg Bhurji is great for days when your refrigerator has no vegetables in it or you are just too tired to cook and need something quick! It can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner, Masala Egg Scramble is fantastic any time of the day.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Eggs – 3, well-beaten
Milk – 1/4 cup, optional
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1/4, medium, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, minced
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, minced
Green Chilies – to taste
Tomato – 1/4, medium
Bell Pepper – 1/4 cup, diced
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder -1/8 tsp , optional
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Salt – to taste
1. Beat the Eggs and Milk (optional) well.
2. Heat Oil in a non-stick pan.
3. Once hot add in the Turmeric Powder and right after that the onions.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the Onions become translucent.
5. Add in Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies.
6. Cook for another couple of minutes.
7. Add in Tomatoes, Bell Pepper and Cilantro.
8. Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and the Garam Masala.
9. Add a little Salt in the Eggs and give it another mix and add them into the Pan.
10. Stir constantly and cook till the Eggs dry up to the desired consistency.
11. Serve hot with Chapatis, Naan, Parathas or Bread.