Submitted By: Swati Kulkarni
1 kg Chicken
1/2 kg Onions
For Paste or masala :
2 inches Ginger
1 Garlic pod
1 to 1 1/2 bunches of Cilantro
1 tspn Poppy seeds
4-5 Cinnamon pieces
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
small piece of nutmeg
1 cup Coconut milk ( Optional)
1. Marinate the chicken with fine paste made with above ingredients (for Paste).
2. Heat a pan with ghee/oil.
3. Add 2 cloves, 2 pieces of cinnamon, 2 Elaichi and finely chopped onions.
4. After the onions are translucent ,add the marinated chicken to it.
5. Add 1/2 tspTurmeric and salt to taste .
6. Add very little water to it.
7. You could also add coconut milk to it at this point.
8. Let it cook for 45 mins to 1 hour
Thanks Swati for this awesome recipe.
Please keep in mind that chicken in India needs to be cooked a lot more and a lot longer than in the USA.