Submitted by: Kranthi Devineni
1 lb chicken drumsticks
1 cup plain yogurt
4 green chilies
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1 small root of ginger
3 cloves garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 tbsp oil
Cilantro for garnishing
1. Blend green chilies, ginger, garlic, and black pepper to a fine paste.
2. Add yogurt to this mix.
3. Marinate chicken drumsticks with the above mix and leave it for an hour.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat enough oil and let onions fry until brown.
5. Add chicken drumsticks to the onions and fry them until done.
6. Add some salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.
8 thoughts on “Garlic Chicken”
This is the best dish that I ever had!!!! Even my son, who’s not a big meat fan, loved it.
Lovely dish. I make something similar by adding 1/2? slices of chorizo sausage and use olive oil in place of butter to turn it into Spanish lemon chicken. Try adding peppers, carrots or whatever takes your fancy. Yummy….
All the recipes that i have tried have turned out awesome.The chicken biryani was the best.Friends who have eaten have said”We have eaten biryani at good eating places but what you prepared is the best”I toook the complement gracefully but the credit goes to you.Thank you so much.
Your secret is safe with us 😉
do we put only drumsticks in the fried onions or we put the mixture as well?
is just 3cloves of garlic enough to impart the garlicy flavor?
it depends on how much garlic flavour you like if you want it to be not a lot of garlic taste then 3 cloves is fine but if you really want a lot of garlic flavour then put about 5-8
garlic chicken without batter frying the chicken???