Submitted By: Swati Kulkarni
1 kg Chicken
1/2 kg Onions
For Paste or masala :
2 inches Ginger
1 Garlic pod
1 to 1 1/2 bunches of Cilantro
1 tspn Poppy seeds
4-5 Cinnamon pieces
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
small piece of nutmeg
1 cup Coconut milk ( Optional)
1. Marinate the chicken with fine paste made with above ingredients (for Paste).
2. Heat a pan with ghee/oil.
3. Add 2 cloves, 2 pieces of cinnamon, 2 Elaichi and finely chopped onions.
4. After the onions are translucent ,add the marinated chicken to it.
5. Add 1/2 tspTurmeric and salt to taste .
6. Add very little water to it.
7. You could also add coconut milk to it at this point.
8. Let it cook for 45 mins to 1 hour
Thanks Swati for this awesome recipe.
Please keep in mind that chicken in India needs to be cooked a lot more and a lot longer than in the USA.
0 thoughts on “Cilantro Chicken”
I want to make this recipe, but te explain is very difficult. When to use the cilantro and how te make the paste, with 3 cloves?
Please make the recipe easier.
Sorry for my bad English.
Sorry, this was a recipe submitted by a viewer a long time ago. It is not our recipe.
Ms. Swati kulkarini if you cook the chicken in coconut milk for 1 hour , it well be curdled
Ms. Swati kulkarini if you cook the chicken in coconut milk it well be curdled
For how long should the chicken be marinated?
You could marinate the Chicken for 1 hour to hour and a half