Saffron Mango Mousse is a quick, easy and fabulously light and airy dessert. It has that “WOW” look that will look like you have put in hours of work in the kitchen. The beautiful color of the Mango, intensified with the color of Saffron, the creaminess of the Cream Cheese and the lightness of the Sour Cream, topped with the nutty Pistachios! The combination is “melt in your mouth goodness”.
Call it a “Saffron Mango (Egg-less) Mousse” or your version of “Kesar Mango Shrikhand” – this one is a winner!
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 1 hour
Mango – 1
Sugar – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp or to taste
Cream Cheese – 8 oz, at room temperature
Sour Cream – 1/2 cup (4 oz)
Saffron (Kesar) – pinch
Milk – 1 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
Chopped Pistachios – 2 Tbsp, chopped
To purchase spices online, visit www.herbco.com
1. Warm up Milk and soak the Saffron in it.
2. Set aside till ready to use.
3. Wash and peel the Mango.
4. Cut around the stone (seed).
4. Put the Mango in a Food Processor.
5. Add Sugar and give it a couple of quick pulses.
6. Roughly cube the Cream Cheese and add to the Food Processor.
7. To this add in Sour Cream, Saffron soaked in Milk and Powdered Cardamom.
8. Close Food Processor and mix well.
9. Half way through you can do the taste test and make sure the Sugar is right on for you.
10. Add 3/4th of the chopped Pistachios to the food processor, save balance of the nuts for topping.
11. Give the mousse one more quick pulse.
12. Transfer into a serving dish or pie.
13. Garnish with the balance of the Pistachios and a few stands of Saffron (optional).
14. Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
15. Serve Chilled.