Imagine Tandoori – just healthier…and prettier…and yummier and so different! Impossible, right? Well, wait till you try the Tandoori Broccoli! Finger-licking good is the only way we can describe this Tandoori Broccoli Dish. Serve it up as an appetizer or as a side to a meal and WOW everyone.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves: 4 (as a side) and 6-8 (as an appetizer)
Broccoli Florets – 1lb (approx)
Pot of Boiling Water
Salt – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
For the Marinade:
Thick Yogurt – 1 cup
Pickle Pieces – few and to taste, chopped
Pickle Masala – 1 tbsp
Panch Puran Masala – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Salt – if needed
1. Cut Broccoli into Florets.
2. Boil a pot of Water.
3. Add in Salt and Turmeric Powder and mix.
4. To blanch, drop the Broccoli into the Water gently. Press to submerg in completely.
5. After 2 minutes, transfer the Florets into an Ice Bath.
6. Once cooled, drain out the Water.
7. Next, combine all the marinade ingredients.
8. Taste test to adjust any seasoning.
9. Gently toss the Broccoli in the marinade and mix.
10. Prepare a Bloiler pan and preheat the oven on a “Broil-High”.
11. Coat the Pan with a cooking spray.
12. Spread the Florets on the pan in a single layer without overcrowding.
13. Place the pan close to the top element in the oven.
14. Broil till there is a a little caramelization.
15. Take out and pransfer to a serving tray.
16. Garnish with Lime juice and/or Chaat Masala.
17. Serve hot as a side or as an appetizer.