Papdi Chaat is part of the ‘chaat series’ for which we received a lot of requests…and rightly so. Chaat is generally sold by street vendors in India and is one of the most popular snacks. Papdi Chaat is so easy to make and can be had as a snack, appetizer or a meal. I have to dedicate this recipe to Suraj-ji and all the Chaat-walas who have fed me awesome chaat for so many years and still remember my chaat-consuming capacity and me!
Papdi/Papadi – 1 pkg
Potato – 1 med sized, boiled, peeled & diced
Tomato – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans – 1/4 cup, boiled or canned
Onion – 1/4 medium, finely chopped
Yogurt – 3/4 cup, well beaten
Roasted Cumin Powder – to garnish
Chaat Masala – to garnish
Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Mint Chutney – to taste
Thin Sev – 1/2 cup
- Add the desired amount of Salt to well-beaten Yogurt.
- Spread a layer of Papdi on a plate.
- Sprinkle Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions and Garbanzo Beans over the layer of Papdi.
- Drizzle Yogurt with a spoon, evenly over the Papdi.
- Sprinkle Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Red Chili Powder to taste.
- Pour Mint Chutney and Tamarind Chutney on top to taste.
- Sprinkle Thin Sev for the final touch.
- Serve immediately.
- For a healthier option, use Baked Pita Chips instead of Papdi.
- If you do not have time to prep the Garbanzo beans, the store bought ones work just as well.