Dahi Sev Puri is a popular variety of Indian “street food” known as “Chaat”. It is similar to Papdi Chaat in it’s ingredients except that it uses the puffed puri usually used for Pani Puri instead of the flat puri. Dahi Sev Puri has a combination of flavors, from sweet and sour to hot. It can definitely be a hearty appetizer as it is loaded with potatoes, garbanzo beans and lots and lots of yogurt. Try this delicious and savory treat!
Pani Puri – 1 packet
Potato – 1 medium (boiled, peeled and diced)
Garbanzo Beans – 1/4 cup (canned variety is fine)
Onion – 1/4 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1/4 medium, optional (finely chopped)
Cilantro – 5 sprigs (finely chopped)
Yogurt – 1/2 cup (well beaten)
Chaat Masala – to taste
Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Mint Chutney – to taste
Tamarind Chutney – to taste
Fine (Thin) Sev – 1/2 cup
- Punch a small hole on top of each of the pani puris and place them in a platter.
- Stuff the puris with a little bit of the following: Potato, Garbanzo Beans, Onion, and Tomato.
- Spoon a little (to taste) Mint Chutney and Tamarind into the puris.
- Spoon a little Yogurt into the puris and then all around.
- Sprinkle with Chaat Masala, Salt, Red Chili Powder and Cilantro.
- Garnish by sprinkling Sev over the entire plate.
- Additional Mint or Tamarind Chutney can be drizzled on top.
- Serve immediately!