The aromatic aroma of Dill Weed is incredible, it will fill the whole house with it. It is used in so many cultures and in so many cuisines, in so many different ways. Dill Weed is known to aid in in digestion as well especially given to women right after giving birth. The leaves may be beautiful and delicate but they are packed with flavor hence remember, a little goes a long way.
Prep Time: 10 min
Soak Time: 30 min min.
Cook Time: 25 min
Dill Weed – 1 handful or to taste
Basmati Rice – 1 cup. washed
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaf – 2
Cinnamon Stick – 1″ pc.
Black Cardamom – 1
Green Cardamom – 1
Cloves – 4
Onion – 1/2 medium, sliced fine
Garlic – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp
Green Chillies – to taste, chopped fine
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups
1. Wash and soak Rice for an hour.
2. Pick out the tender Dill Leaves and discard the thick stems.
3. Wash and chop fine the Dill Weeds.
4. In a Pan (with a tight lid), on medium flame, heat the Ghee.
5. Once hot, add in the Cumin Seeds, Bay Leaves, Cinnamon Stick, Black and Green Cardamon, and the Cloves.
6. Allow the Cumin Seeds to change color and add in the Onions, Garlic, Ginger and Green Chillies.
7. Mix and cook till the Onions get a golden color.
8. Add in the drained Rice and Dill.
9. Cook till the moisture has evaporated from the Rice. Mix frequently.
10. Add Salt and Water. Mix and allow it to come to a boil.
11. Reduce the flame to a simmer, cover the pan with a tight lid and allow it to cook for 15 min.
12. Turn off the stove, open the lid and very gently fluff the rice with a fork or the back end of a spatula.
13. Cover the Rice once again and allow it to rest for another 5 minutes before serving.