Pickled Onions go so well with the Tandoori Chicken and with most grilled dishes. Pickled Onions can be made instantly and add a wonderful color. And the best part – dropping them in boiling water takes the edge off the onions. Try adding them to burgers for an extra crunch. All we can say is ‘ENJOY’!
Onions – 1/2 small, sliced
Tandoori Masala – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1/2 cup, enough to submerge onions
Salt – to taste
Red Food Color – 1-2 drops
- In a saucepan, heat up 1 cup of water. Once it reaches a boil
take it off the flame.
- Add the Onions into the water, cover and let it sit for half hour.
- Drain the water out and put the onions into a serving bowl.
- Add the Lemon Juice, Salt, Tandoori Masala and Red Food Coloring.
- Mix well and it is ready to serve.
- The pickled onions have a long shelf life in the refrigerator.
- You can use whole pearl onions instead of regular onions for a
more authentic look.