The Chutney or the Sauce that is served with Momos in India is very spicy and is packed with flavor. Here is a simple Chutney that can be served with Momos or had with a lot of other dishes. Enjoy this delicious Sauce and hold your horses till the next video. No prizes for guessing what the next video will be 🙂
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Makes: Approx 1/2 cup
Ripe Tomatoes – 2, cut length-wise
Dry Red Chillies or Kashmiri Chillies – to taste
Water – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1/2 tsp or as needed
1. Put the Tomatoes and the Dry Red Chillies in a saucepan and add Water.
2. Cover and allow it to come to a boil.
3. Remove cover and allow it to boil for another 8-10 minutes.
4. The Red Chillies should be soft, the Tomatoes cooked and their peel be easily removed.
5. Once done, pour into a sieve or a colander.
6. Allow the Tomatoes to cool down so they are easy to handle.
7. Remove the peels from the Tomatoes and transfer to a blander.
8. Transfer the Dry Red Chillies to the blender as well.
9. Discard the Water or use in Daals or for kneading dough for Chapatis or Parathas. Careful, it may be spicy!
10. Add Salt and a bit of Sugar and blend to a smooth paste.
11. Check seasoning and serve. Store in refrigerator till ready to use.