Chinese Chili Sauce is a versatile sauce to have in your refrigerator for “anytime” use. Try this quick and easy recipe for Chinese Chili Sauce and have it on hand the next time you make a Chinese or Indian Chinese dish. It also makes a great dipping sauce for egg rolls or summer rolls or you feel like just spicing up for food. It has a kick to it as well as a lot of flavor.
Whole Dried Red Chilies – 10
Hot Water – 1 cup
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
Brown Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
White Vinegar – 4 Tbsp
Sesame Oil – 2 Tbsp
1. Break Whole Dry Red Chilies in half and soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften.
2. Drain off water and place soaked chilies in a blender.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except Sesame Oil) to the blender and grind to desired texture (fine or coarse).
4. Remove chili paste into a small bowl.
5. Heat Sesame Oil in a small skillet until it starts to smoke.
6. Pour hot Sesame Oil over the chili paste and mix well.
7. Store in an air tight bottle or container in the refrigerator until ready to use.