Peanut Butter is Golden Goodness! Lots of kids love them and they are a staple in lunches, but did you know that Peanut butter is a great source of protein, potassium and healthy fats? And why just for kids, adults too! Spread some on crackers or mix in with some fruits or just use it as a dip with some crunchy celery! Just enjoy.
Raw Unsalted Peanuts – 500gms (approx 3 cups)
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Brown Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Peanut Oil – 1 tbsp
1. In a cold skillet, add the peanuts and then put it on the stove on medium flame.
2. Keep stirring and allow them to roast till there are brown spots on the skin.
3. Remove immediately and transfer to a towel or a dish cloth.
4. Allow to cool a little, and then start rubbing the peanuts with the towel and removing the skin from the peanuts.
5. You can put the peanuts on a plate and blow on the skin (which can be messy) or just pick and separate the peanuts.
6. If you are using roasted and peeled peanuts, warm them up in the pan.
7. Transfer into a good blender and blend till it is coarsely blended.
8. If making chunky peanut butter, separate some into a bowl for later, else keep blending till it is a smooth consistency.
9. Add in the Salt, Sugar and the Oil and blend.
10. Add in the coarse peanuts into the smooth paste and give it a quick mix.
11. Allow to cool down completely and transfer to a clean, dry bottle.
12. It will last a couple of months stored at room temperature in the pantry.
1. Blend in some honey or maple syrup for a change.
2. Skip the Salt, Sugar and the Oil if you have any diet restrictions.