Ahhh Valentine’s Day… There are so many recipes for your significant other but let’s not forget the little loves of our lives. Make this easy and delicious Caramel Popcorn and Peanuts treat for your kids this Valentine’s Day and show them all the love!
Microwave Popcorn – 1 bag, popped (Fat-free version preferred)
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup or to taste
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/4 cup
Peanuts – to taste or optional (roasted and skin removed)
1. Add Popcorn to a large mixing bowl, removing any un-popped kernels.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix together Butter, Brown Sugar and Sweetened Condensed Milk.
3. Microwave in 30 second increments until mixture becomes a smooth caramel sauce (approx 1.5 minutes).
4. Quickly drizzle hot caramel sauce over the Popcorn while continuously mixing, ensuring that all of the popcorn is coated.
5. While the caramel is still warm over the popcorn, mix in desired amount of Peanuts.
6. Spread Popcorn on large baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake Popcorn in a 350 degree oven for approx 5-7 minutes, just until Popcorn starts to change color.
8. Remove from oven and toss Popcorn.
9. Bake for another 1 minute.
10. Break apart any clusters and cool Popcorn completely before eating or storing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.