The best time to make homemade jams is when any particular fruit is in season. Since strawberries are bright red, juicy and sweet about now, let’s make fresh homemade strawberry jam. It is easier than you think and a blessing to know what actually goes into your strawberry jam recipe.
Ripe Strawberries – 16 oz, washed and hulled
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Fresh Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp
1. Coarsely food process strawberries for a chunky jam or blend for a smooth texture.
2. Add strawberries, sugar and lime juice into a medium saucepan and mix well.
3. Cook on medium/high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Stir frequently.
4. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes (until all white bubbles disappear). Stir frequently.
5. Remove from heat allow to cool for a few minutes.
6. While still warm, transfer jam to a clean and dry plastic or glass jar. Allow jam to cool completely before covering and storing in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
0 thoughts on “Fresh Strawberry Jam”
Is it necessary to store the jam in the refrigerator?
If so, is there any way to increase its shelf life when stored outside?
hi mam how can i keep safe strawberry jam for one year or more. which is the good prigervative pls reply me thanks
No, we have not used any commercial preservatives in this recipe. You can keep this Jam in the fridge for about 2 weeks and in the freezer for about 4-6 months.
We do not use preservatives so can’t recommend any…sorry 🙁
Hi thanks for sharing this great idea..Can we add sugar while cooking If we feel that we need little more sweetness in the jam?..Thanks in advance..
Yes, you can adjust the sugar while its cooking.
Thanks for such quick response Hetal…Also one more clarification..Should we increase the amount of lemon juice with respect to fruits?
I need the answer to the same question…if i intend to make jam with 5 pounds of strawberries…how much lemon juice should i add. i Love this jam so much… i plan to make it as a party favor for my daughters bday party. Please reply asap. The party is next week.
Sorry for the late reply…spring break vacation 🙂
You just multiply the entire recipe by the number of batches of strawberries. So, 5 Tbsp for you.
So simple and SO DELICIOUS! Food Network needs to hire you guys ASAP! I used to watch the Indian Cooking shows on that channel and NONE of the recipes i tried were good but with you guys its been PERFECT! 🙂
Thanks Anjali! You’re too sweet! 🙂
hi anuja ! thanku for this wonderful recipe . Will the same recipe work for cranberries as well .
We’re sorry, we have not tried this with cranberries.