There is one thing in common with most kids…they LOVE pancakes! If you’re like us, your kids will ask for pancakes when your boxed pancake mix is over and you forgot to get some more. No worries…here is a homemade pancake recipe for you to try that will put an end to the boxed stuff. Simple ingredients, fabulous taste and texture!
All-purpose Flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Baking Soda – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Greek/Strained Yogurt – 1/2 cup (softened cream cheese may also be used)
Honey – 1/4 cup or to taste (sugar may be substituted)
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Egg – 1 large
Milk – 1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp (adjust as necessary)
1. Mix All-purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to aerate the flour.
2. In a separate bowl, mix Yogurt, Honey and Vanilla Extract until smooth.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with 1 large Egg.
4. Slowly add Milk little at a time while mixing until a smooth batter is formed.
5. Heat a skillet or griddle on low/medium flame.
6. Pour approx 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter (depending on the size of pancake you want) into the center of the skillet.
7. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes until bubbles appear over the top of the pancake.
8. Using a spatula, flip pancake over and allow the other side to cook until light golden brown (approx 1 minute).
9. Top pancake with whipped cream, fruits (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc), nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc), and syrup.
10. Serve hot.
1. Blueberries or chocolate chips can be added to the batter before cooking.
2. Cooled pancakes can be placed in a freezer style zipper bag and frozen for later use. Just microwave for 30 secs to 1 minute and serve.
0 thoughts on “Homemade Pancake Recipe”
Below is the recipe I used to make it eggless:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. In liquid measuring cup, measure 1 cup milk. To that add the vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry. Do not over mix. Lumps are perfectly fine. Set aside for couple of minutes.
4. Heat a griddle at medium high heat. Once the pan is hot add the butter and let it melt.
5. Add the melted butter to the pancake batter and return the pan to the stove. Mix the butter in to the batter.
6. When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter in the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the face of the pancake.
7. Carefully flip the pancake and cook until it’s golden brown.
Hi Hetal and Anuja,
I tried this recipe with blueberries for my 2 yr old son and he loved it!! This recipe is a keeper!! Thanks for all the awesome recipes..
Awesome Padma! And thanks for your feedback 🙂
Hi Hetal and Anuja
I tried pancakes, they turn out so well. Can we store the batter in the fridge and for how long?
i have tried this recipe without eggs….it turned out good….
Can you please share if you used a substitute for eggs or just not use eggs and followed the above recipe?
Hello Hetal & Anjua,
Made the pancakes for breakfast. They turned out very well.
Thank you for taking so much effort in making videos.
Loved the recipe. I made it with egg white turned out well. Thank you for doing a great job
What if I don’t use eggs ? Would it come out to taste different? Between I am newbie here. I was going through some posts and realized how good you are with cooking and baking. Just awesome.
We have not tried this recipe without the egg. Since it has a quite a bit of baking powder/soda, it should still rise but the texture may be a little different. You can try adding flax seed powder to substitute for the eggs. 1 egg = 1 Tbsp of flax seed powder mixed with 3 Tbsp of water.
You guys do some good recipes no doubt & thank you, moving away from this pancake recipe, can you please do some Indo chinese dishes as they are frightfully popular. I hope you can.
Apart from Greek/Strained Yogurt can we use the curd tetra pack curd which we get from stores..
This looks great, much better than English pancakes. I think I’ll make it as a dessert with orange / lemon zest, golden syrup and raisins, yum!
So Anuja has not gone back to India ?
Thanks for the recipe…Any substitute for maida to make it more healthy?
Wow this looks really good. We don’t eat eggs. Any substitute please ?
Hey Hetal and Anuja
So happy to see you guys back together. i thought you guys were on vacation or something because you guys posted last video on June 4th. love alllll of your recipes. well, could you guys teach us how to make pancakes in microwave. please
Nice recipe but we don’t eat eggs..
Any substitute for eggs ??
love it Yummy!!