There is one thing in common with most kids…they LOVE pancakes! If you’re like us, your kids will ask for pancakes when your boxed pancake mix is over and you forgot to get some more. No worries…here is a homemade pancake recipe for you to try that will put an end to the boxed stuff. Simple ingredients, fabulous taste and texture!
All-purpose Flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Baking Soda – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Greek/Strained Yogurt – 1/2 cup (softened cream cheese may also be used)
Honey – 1/4 cup or to taste (sugar may be substituted)
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Egg – 1 large
Milk – 1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp (adjust as necessary)
1. Mix All-purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to aerate the flour.
2. In a separate bowl, mix Yogurt, Honey and Vanilla Extract until smooth.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with 1 large Egg.
4. Slowly add Milk little at a time while mixing until a smooth batter is formed.
5. Heat a skillet or griddle on low/medium flame.
6. Pour approx 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter (depending on the size of pancake you want) into the center of the skillet.
7. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes until bubbles appear over the top of the pancake.
8. Using a spatula, flip pancake over and allow the other side to cook until light golden brown (approx 1 minute).
9. Top pancake with whipped cream, fruits (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc), nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc), and syrup.
10. Serve hot.
1. Blueberries or chocolate chips can be added to the batter before cooking.
2. Cooled pancakes can be placed in a freezer style zipper bag and frozen for later use. Just microwave for 30 secs to 1 minute and serve.