We’re not lying when we say “Chicken Curry in a Hurry”! In less than 30 minutes, you’ll be on your way to enjoying this scrumptious chicken curry in a flavorful and creamy sauce. This quick and easy chicken curry recipe is perfect for students, bachelors or anyone looking for a fast, yet satisfying meal. It also makes a great pot luck dish with very little effort.
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Onion – 1/2 med, chopped
Chicken – 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless thighs cut to bite size pieces
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Salt – to taste
Curry Powder – 3 Tbsp (divided)
Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Cream Cheese – 8 oz, at room temperature
Broth/Stock – 2 cups (less for a thicker gravy)
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup (grape or cherry tomatoes work best)
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped for garnishing
1. Heat Oil in a pan and add Onions. Cook for 1-2 mins until lightly brown and translucent.
2. In a mixing bowl, add Chicken pieces, Ginger, Garlic, Salt, 2 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well.
3. Add Lemon/Lime Juice and mix well.
4. Add Chicken to the pan with onions and mix well.
5. Cover and cook until chicken is done…stirring occasionally.
6. Meanwhile, mix softened Cream Cheese and Broth/Stock with a hand blender and keep aside.
7. When chicken is cooked, add the Cream Cheese sauce, Tomatoes and 1 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
8. Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Rice, Roti, or Bread.