This versatile Marinade as the name suggests is wonderful for vegetables, meats and seafood. Use it to make meals, sandwiches or appetizers and just great to have on hand. Marinate Paneer, Chicken, Cauliflower, Potatoes, Beef, Pork, Mushrooms, Turkey, Fish, Shrimp and trust us, we know you can think of at least another dozen ways of using this wonderful fragrant marinade.
Make big batch and freeze, it’s as easy as that.
Prep Time: 10 min
Marinates approx 2 kgs or 4.5 lbs of chicken
Spring Onions (Green Onions) – 5
Green Chillies – to taste
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – average size bunch
Large Garlic Cloves – 5
Whole Black Peppercorns- 1 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp or to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 – 1.5 tsp or to taste
Oregano – 2 tsp
1. Wash and prep all of the above ingredients and blend into a fine and smooth paste.
2. Marinate Vegetables or Meats and bake, grill, saute or fry.
1. Make a big batch and freeze the marinade.
2. Marinate the meats and freeze and use when needed.
3. It is not a good idea to marinate vegetables and freeze them as they tend to let water go.