Crepes have an exotic charm – the name and the country of origin! A street food in France, they are great when you have to have them on the go or just a sit-down romantic meal. The part that we love is that they can be customized to suit any palate, including the pickiest of eaters. Make them for a main course and/or as a dessert and they are going to be loved.
Prep Time: 10 min
Resting Time: 2 hours minimum
Cook Time: 2 min each
Makes: 12 (10″)
All-Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2, large
Milk – 1 3/4 cup
Melted Butter – 3 tbsp
Oil – for cooking
Ideas For Filling:
Eggs (scrambled or boiled)
Peanut Butter and Jelly
1. In a bowl, mix in Flour, Salt, Eggs, Milk and the Melted Butter in that order.
2. Mix well until incorporated well.
3. Allow the batter to rest for minimum 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
4. For cooking the Crepes, heat a 10″ non-stick skillet and drizzle a few drops. Wipe off the Oil with a paper-towel.
5. Pour a ladle full of Batter and quickly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly.
6. Allow the Crepe to cook for about 1 minute or so till the edges get a little color.
7. Flip the Crepe and allow it to cook on the underside as well for 30 seconds.
8. Flip and sprinkle the Cheese, if making savory crepes.
9. Remove from skillet and fill the Crepe, roll or fold and serve.
1. Make all the Crepes and store in the fridge, warm as serve as needed.
2. Batter has a good shelf-life in the fridge, upto 2-3 days