Trifle is a delicious dessert usually made by layering sponge cake, custard, fruit, cream, and sometimes jelly. Try this super easy recipe for Trifle Pudding Cake that you can make in under 15 minutes! Next time you’re having dinner guests and just can’t find the time to make an elaborate dessert, this one can save the day! Oh by the way, did we say it’s so easy that even kids can make it? Take a look!
Prep time: 15 min
Chill time: 3 hours
Pound Cake – 16 oz loaf
Fruit Cocktail – 30 oz can
Whipped Topping – 16 oz tub
Vanilla Instant Pudding – 5 oz pkt
Cold Milk – 3.5 cups
Maraschino Cherries – for garnishing (optional)
1. Slice the Pound Cake and layer the bottom of the serving dish (9 in x 13 in).
2. Take a fork and poke holes in the Pound Cake. Set aside.
3. Empty the Instant Pudding mix in a bowl.
4. Add in the cold Milk and whisk.
5. The Milk has to be mixed in fast as the pudding mix sets very quickly.
6. Mix well and pour the Pudding over the cake before the pudding starts to set. Keep aside.
7. Open the can of Fruit Cocktail and drain all the juice from it.
8. Pour the fruit into a bowl and mix in the Whipped Topping.
9. Mix well until all the fruits are well coated.
10. Put a think layer of the fruit/cream topping over the Cake and Pudding.
11. Allow it to chill for 2-3 hours.
12. Serve with a Maraschino Cherry on the top!
1. Substitute Fruit Cocktail can for fresh fruits.
2. Substitute Whipped Topping with Heavy Cream, whipped stiff.
3. For super moist cake, dab some fruit juice on the cake before pouring the pudding.
4. To incorporate jelly into the recipe, use any flavor Jello, mix it with needed water and pour over cake before the pudding (In this case, wait until pudding sets and then layer it).