This fantastic, light and refreshing Strawberry Shortcake recipe is a perfect way to get to someone’s heart! Easy to make, with a million dollar look, it is sure to impress. For a small get-together or for a big bash, try this today!
Strawberries – 4 cups
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1.75 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
Cold Unsalted Butter – 1 stick/1/2 cup/8 tbsp
Heavy Cream – 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Additional Flour for dusting
Additional Heavy Cream – for brushing
Additional Sugar – for sprinkling
Strawberries – 4 cups
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Whipped Cream – Store bought or Homemade
For the Shortcake:
1. Combine the All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder in a bowl.
2. Cut the Cold Unsalted Butter into little cubes.
3. Mix into the All Purpose Flour mixture.
4. Combine the Butter into the Flour with help of a pastry knife or 2 butter knives till all the butter combines in well forming crumbs.
5. Form a well in the flour and pour the Heavy Cream and Vanilla Essence into it.
6. Gently fold in the Flour and combine the dry and wet ingredients.
7. Using your hands, knead gently (do not over knead) till t comes together to form a dough.
8. Dust the surface area with some additional Flour and place the dough to form into desired shape.
9. Roll out into 3/4″ thick, cut with cookie cutter to form cute shapes or use a knife to form rectangles or squares.
10. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F or 220 degrees C.
11. Place the cut dough onto parchment paper or foil (lightly greased) about 1-2″ apart.
12. Take some additional Heavy Cream and brush with a pastry brush over the Shortcake.
13. Sprinkle some sure over the top of the Shortcakes.
14. Bake in the center of the oven for 12-15 minutes till the tops are light golden.
15. Once out of the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
For the Strawberries:
1. Wash and pat fry the Strawberries.
2. Hull the Strawberries.
3. Cut 1 cup of Strawberry into small pieces and place in a bowl.
4. Using a fork (or a potato masher), gently smash them to form a semi-liquid.
5. Add Sugar and allow it to dissolve.
6. Slice the balance of the Strawberries and add to the bowl (mashed Strawberries and Sugar)
7. Mix and refrigerate till ready to use.
1. Once the Shortcakes are totally cooled down, slice them through the center horizontally.
2. Open the Shortcake and spoon about 1/2 a cup of Strawberry onto the bottom part.
3. Put a dollop or Whipped Cream on top and close with the top of the Shortcake, forming a sandwich.
4. Chop some fresh Mint Leaves and sprinkle on top.
1. Make a big batch of Shortbread and refrigerate or freeze.
2. Use alternate fruits or a combination of fruits like Blueberries, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, bananas.