With Summer right around the corner, try delicious and refreshing Lassi, a cold yogurt drink, popular in the state of Punjab, India. Lassi comes in many varieties including sweet lassi, salted lassi, mango lassi, etc. This lassi recipe is a minty variation with a kick!
Yogurt – 1 cup
Ice – 1½ cups
Cumin powder – ½ tsp (roasted)
Chat Masala – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Mint – a handful (fresh)
Cilantro – 10 sprigs
Green Chili – 1 (optional)
1. In a blender, add the following: Mint, Cilantro, Green Chili and ½ of the Yogurt.
2. Blend for a couple of minutes.
3. Add remaining yogurt and rest of the ingredients and blend until the Ice has crushed well (smoothie consistency).
4. Serves 2.
1. If you do not have fresh mint…use dried mint (available at any Indian grocery store or whole foods store).
2. A variation to this is Sweet Lassi. Use the same proportions of yogurt and ice, as mentioned above, add sugar (to taste), blend it all together.
Watch and Learn: