I encountered this cocktail drink in an obscure Doon (Dehradun) Club in northern India in my teenage years, mock-tail because I wasn’t allowed to drink alcohol. The taste, and especially the name (sounds like Zeher, or poison), stayed in my memory. I finally recreated that excellent drink based on what I remember it tasted like. It tastes fantastic with or without alcohol and is the perfect choice to serve with an Indian meal.
1. Frozen Limeade concentrate (NOT lemonade)
2. 7-up or Sprite or Ginger Ale chilled
3. Kala Namak (Black Salt) or Chaat Masala
5. Dash of Vodka – optional
1. Partially defrost the frozen limeade and add 2 tablespoons of the concentrate to a glass.
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon of Kala Namak (Black Salt) or Chaat Masala
3. Add a dash of vodka – if you want
5. Add chilled 7-up or Sprite or Ginger Ale
6. Add Ice
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
What cocktail to serve with an Indian meal, mocktails or beverages with Indian flavors, refreshing summer drinks, party drink recipes.