For all those of you who are not thrilled about eating a sugary sweet breakfast, Mushrooms on Toast could be your new morning thing! In this recipe, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers are lightly stir-fried as a savory topping for toast. Start the day with a bang with this easy and great make-ahead breakfast recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Onion – 1/2 medium, chopped
Salt – to taste
Mushrooms – 8 oz, chopped
Bell Pepper – 1/2 medium, chopped
Black Pepper – to taste
Cilantro – 5 to 6 sprigs, chopped
1. Heat Oil in a large flat skillet.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Curry Leaves and Onions. Mix.
4. Sprinkle little Salt to help onions cook faster and cook until onions are translucent (2-3 minutes).
5. Add Mushrooms and lightly salt. Cook until moisture from mushrooms evaporates.
6. Add Bell Pepper and Cilantro, stir and cook for 1 minutes. Switch off stove.
7. Serve as a topping for toasted bread.
Note: Can be served hot or cold.