Submitted By: Subha Balasubramanian
This is a tradional South Indian dish that is made during religious functions and is usually served as ‘prasaad’.
1 cup Rice
1 1/2 to 2 cups of Jaggery (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 1/2 cup of ghee
cardamom 1 tsp
cashew and raisins (a handful of each)
3 cups of water
1. Cook the rice in water till the water has mostly evaporated.
2. Add the jaggery and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring.
3. Once the jagerry has completely dissolved, add 1 tbsp ghee and continue stirring.
4. Keep adding ghee and stirring until the ghee stops being absorbed.
5. Saute the cashews and then the raisins in ghee in a separate saucepan.
6. Add to the rice mixture.
7. Add cardamoms finally and stir.
8. Serve while warm.
0 thoughts on “Ney Payasam / Ghee Kheer”
i am abig fan of your site. can u show me how to make hyderabadi sweet called kaja.