If you’re looking for a dry chicken recipe with a lot of flavor, try Lucky Chicken 13. Cilantro (coriander), whole black peppercorn and worcestershire sauce give this dish a rich, dark color and plenty of umph! Enjoy it with some roti or chapati!
Serves – 4 to 6
Chicken – 2lbs (approx 1kg), cut to desired size
Oil – 2 Tbsp (divided)
Whole Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Onions – 2 medium (approx 1lb/500g), chopped
Ginger – 2 inch piece, roughly cut
Green Chilies – to taste, roughly cut
Garlic – 5 large cloves
Cilantro – 1 cup, packed
Worcestershire Sauce – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch piece
Black Cardamom – 1
Bay Leaf – 1
Salt – to taste
1. Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add Whole Black Peppercorn and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add Onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies. Saute until onions are golden brown.
5. Remove from heat and allow onions to slightly cool.
6. Grind onions with Cilantro (coriander) and worcestershire sauce to a fine paste.
7. In the same non-stick pan, add remaining 1 Tbsp Oil and heat.
8. Add Bay Leaf, Black Cardamom and Cinnamon Stick. Cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add ground onion paste and salt. Mix and taste mixture and adjust salt if necessary.
10. Add Chicken, mix well, cover and cook until chicken is done. Stir in between.