Szechuan Green Beans are the perfect accompaniment to your next Indo-Chinese meal. The tender, yet crisp green beans are coated in a zesty sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds. Try this delicious and easy recipe today!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Green Beans – 1 lb (500 gms)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Sesame Oil – 1 Tbsp
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Scallion – 1 (white part) finely chopped
Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp or to taste
White Vinegar – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Soy Sauce – 3 Tbsp or to taste
Corn Starch – 1 tsp
Water – 2 Tbsp
Toasted Sesame Seeds – 1 Tbsp
1. Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Add Green Beans and cook uncover until tender and slightly caramelized (approx 20 mins). Stir often.
3. Remove Green Beans from the pan and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, add Sesame Oil and heat.
5. Add Ginger, Garlic and Scallions. Cook for a minute.
6. Add Chili Sauce, Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Sugar and the Corn Starch mixed with Water.
7. Cook until the sauce thickens (a minute or so).
8. Add back the Green Beans and toss to completely coat.
9. Sprinkle Toasted Sesame Seeds and mix.
10. Serve hot.