This Marinated or Pickled Mushroom Recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that is great for parties and is a sure crowd pleaser. We love the fact that this easy Marinated Mushrooms Recipe can be made a day or days ahead and requires no cooking. Now if only all party menus could be like this…hmmmm.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Marinate Time: 1 day
Mushrooms (baby bellas, cramini) – 12 oz, cut to bite size
Garlic Cloves – 5 -6 large
Fresh Basil Leaves – handful, chopped
Red Chilli Flakes – to taste
Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
1. Wipe dirt off the Mushrooms with a damp towel or paper towel.
2. Cut to bite-size pieces and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix balance of the ingredients and whisk till incorporated well.
4. Add in the Mushrooms to the marinade and mix.
5. All the Mushrooms need to be coated in the Oil.
6. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
7. Next day, they are ready to be served or to be stored.
8. Mix well before serving.
1. Serve as is with a toothpick or in sandwiches, on pizza or in pasta.
2. Shelf life is about 10-14 days in the refrigerator.
3. Best to use good quality mushrooms.