Spinach Raita is yet another tasty way to prepare the ever popular green vegetable. Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Tocopherol, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Magnesium. It also contains several vital Antioxidants and Folic Acid. Try this Spinach and Yogurt combo with rice or chapattis. It’s a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Spinach – 4 cups, chopped
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
Green Chili – 1 or to taste, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
Yogurt – 2 cups, well beaten
Salt – to taste
- Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
- Once Oil is hot, add Mustard and Cumin Seeds. Let them sizzle and pop.
- Add Garlic and Green Chilies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Mint Leaves and stir.
- Add Spinach and Mix, Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove cover and increase heat. Continue to cook Spinach until the liquid dries up.
- Remove Spinach from stove and allow it to cool.
- Add Spinach and Salt to the Yogurt, mix well and chill.
- Serves 4
Tip: If Mint Leaves are not available, substitute with Cilantro – 5 sprigs, chopped.