If you love Eggplant (Baingan, Brinjal, Aubergine), you’ll love this Eggplant Raita. Most people are used to eating raita (a combination of yogurt with shredded or cubed vegetables such as cucumber, radish, onions, carrots, etc) as a mere accompaniment, but this Baingan Raita recipe can hold it’s own. Enjoy it with rice or chapati.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Chinese Eggplant – 1, cut into semi-circles
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onions – 1 small, finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp, minced
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Green Chili – to taste, for garnish
Salt – to taste
Yogurt – 2 cups
Cilantro – for garnish, finely chopped
1. Heat Oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Onions, Garlic, Turmeric Powder and Green Chilies. Cook until Onions are translucent.
4. Add Eggplant (baingan) and cook on high heat until almost tender. Stir frequently.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook eggplant until tender.
6. Remove Eggplant into a bowl and salt it. Allow it to come to room temperature.
7. Add Salt to Yogurt and mix well. Add cooled Eggplant into the yogurt and mix well.
8. Garnish with Cilantro (coriander leaves).
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to cook japanese chinese eggplant, different varieties of raita, yogurt recipes, eggplant recipes, Indian style eggplant, summer recipes.