If you’re in the mood for something savory, spicy (or not), satisfying and quick, look no further. Try this delicious Makai no Chevdo recipe (Corn Chevda) as a quick snack or lunch idea. Don’t let the name “Chevda” fool you. This is no dry namkeen tea time snack made from corn flakes. It is a creamy and yummy meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilies – 1 to 2
Curry Leaves – few
Asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
Green Chilies – to taste, chopped
Frozen Corn – 12 oz (2 cups), defrosted and roughly food processed or crushed
Salt – to taste
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Lemon/Lime Juice – to taste
Cilantro (Coriander) – 5 sprigs, chopped
Shredded Coconut – 1 to 2 Tbsp
1. Heat Oil in medium non-stick pan.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Dry Red Chilies, Curry Leaves, Asafoetida, Green Chilies, Corn and mix.
4. Add Salt, Sugar and Milk. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in between to prevent sticking.
5. Uncover and cook until most of the the liquid evaporates (2-3 minutes).
6. Switch off stove and add Lemon/Lime Juice and mix.
7. Garnish with Cilantro and Shredded Coconut and serve hot.
Tip: To make it “chaat” like, try topping it with chopped onions and sev.