Here is a basic Garam Masala recipe that we can use on an everyday basis. Make it and use it and you’ll have a new flavor in life and in your food! AMAZING! And the best part is that it is so easy to make that you’ll wonder why you have not been doing it for all these years.
Scroll down for video.
Big Black Cardamom – 12 (10 g)
Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp (10 g)
Cloves – 1.5 tbsp (10g)
Whole Peppercorns -1 tsp (2.5g)
Cumin Seeds – 4 tsp (10 g)
Cinnamon Stick – 4 ” pc. (10g)
Black Cumin – 1 tsp
Green Cardamom – 2-3 (replace with 1 Black Cardamom)
Whole Peppercorns – to taste (to make spicer)
1. In a heavy bottom pan, all all the ingredients and heat on low-to-medium flame.
2. Keep stirring and cooking till there is a fantastic aroma and the coriander seeds change a little color.
3. Turn off the flame and transfer the whole spices to another dish to stop the cooking process.
4. Once they have cooled down to room temperature.
5. Break open the Black Cardamom and take out the seeds and use only seeds, discard the husk.
6. Grind to a fine powder and store in a dry air-tight container.
7. Use as required in cooking.
1. Break down the Cinnamon Stick pieces so they cook as the same time as the other ingredients.
2. Use the optional ingredients if you are doing a lot of mughalai cooking.
3. In India (even the store bought masalas) sometimes use (grind) the husk but we, who don’t have industrial size grinders find it hard to grind the husk to a fine powder. So if you do decide that you want to use the husk and not waste it, we suggest you sieve the powder so that all the fibers from the husk are out of the Garam Masala.
Check our Website : https://showmethecurry.com/
Check our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/showmethecurry
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make homemade garam masala, Indian spice blend recipe, garam masala from scratch, fresh roasted spices, can I make garam masala at home, what spices are in garam masala, what is garam masala.