Submitted By: Kranthi Devineni
1 whole chicken cut up
3 onions (finely chopped)
2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp fennel seeds powder (saunf powder)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp garam masala
3 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
4-6 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Clean the chicken and cut into small pieces
2. In a non-stick pan, heat the oil, add mustard seeds and fennel seeds powder, and fry until seeds splutter.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste onions and allow them to cook until they turn golden brown in color.
4. Then add chicken pieces. Sprinkle garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and allow them to cook.
5. Add cumin seeds, coriander powder and pepper powder. When the chicken is half cooked, add coriander leaves, tomatoes and mix well.
6. Cover the pan and let the chicken cook well.
7. Serve hot with chapathis or parathas.