One of the most famous and popular Thai dishes, this Thai Red Curry is easy to make with Chicken or Tofu, a fabulous non-vegetarian or a vegetarian dish. The color is very appealing to the eyes and the palate. Enjoy this great easy Thai dish in the comfort of your own home.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves: 4 – 6
Oil – 1 tbsp
Red Curry Paste – 2-3 tbsp
Coconut Milk – 2 cans (14oz/400ml each)
Palm Sugar – 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce or Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
Snow Peas – handful
Red Bell Pepper – 1/4, sliced
Green Bell Pepper – 1/2, sliced
Canned Straw Mushrooms – 1/4 cup
Bamboo Shoots – 4-6 pcs., bite-size
Carrots – 1/2 thin slices
Sweet Onion – 1/4, sliced
Frozen Peas – 1/4 cup
Thai Basil Leaves – 4-6, torn up
Thai Basil Leaves – for garnish
Chicken Breast – 1.5 lb, bite size pieces
OR / AND
Extra Firm Tofu – 14 oz block, cubed
1. In a pan, heat the Oil.
2. Once hot, add in the Red Curry Paste and mix well.
3. Add in the Coconut Milk and mix again.
4. Also, add in the the Grated Palm Sugar, Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce (optional).
5. If you are making the Non-vegetarian dish, you can add in the Chicken now, mix , cover and allow chicken to cook 3/4th of the way (approx 5-10 min).
6. After that, you can open up the dish and carry on with the rest of the procedure.
7. If you are making the vegetarian style, skip steps 5 and 6 and add vegetable to the gravy.
8. Start adding the vegetables – Snow Peas, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Bamboo Shoots, Carrots, Sweet Onions, Peas, Baby Corn.
9. Add in Tofu and mix gently.
10. Also, add in some torn Basil Leaves and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
11. For Non-vegetarian – cook till the chicken is cooked all the way through.
12. For Vegetarians – cook till the tofu is heated all the way.
13. Garnish with a few more Thai Basil Leaves and serve hot with some Jasmine Rice.